Monday, 12 January 2015

Wash Day Saga - First Wash Day of 2015

Hiya,

So you know last Wednesday, I took down my weave after I realised it was actually going to lead to a setback. I was not ready to sacrifice my own hair just to look good with removeable hair, so I bit the bullet and took it down. I really didnt feel like putting in any effort then into detangling and all that, so I just braided up my hair and threw on a wig for the rest of the working week. Friday night finally came around, and I started doing the intense job of detangling, in order to prep my hair for wash day. Here's what happened:
The #WashDayExperience
1. I finger detangled small sections using a lot of coconut oil in order to a. prepoo, and b. get all the shed hair lubricated so it could easily be combed out. No combs were used during this exercise. Once the section was properly detangled, I braided it up and moved to the next section. I ended up with a total of 10 braided sections. I also massaged in MN in my edges. I covered my hair with a shower cap and woolly hat, and left everything to marinate overnight.

2. The next morning, I shampooed my scalp using Dark and Lovely neutralizing shampoo from a long dead relaxer kit. I shampooed and rinsed my scalp twice in order to remove buildup. I finally shampooed the actual hair once to cleanse it.

3. After letting my hair drip all excess water, I slathered on my DC, L'Oreal El Vive Total Repair to the individual braids. I covered the hair with two shower caps and a deep conditioning cap, before leaving it to do its magic for 2 hours.

4. I rinsed out the DC using cold water, and did not rinse out all the DC from my hair. I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to absorb excess moisture.

5. I took down each braid, finger detangled, divided it into two or three sections depending on the size and did box braids. Which means that I am still protective styling for the rest of January, only that I am doing it in wigs now.

That was my wash day in full detail. Sorry, I was too lazy to do pictures. How was your wash day?

Join the wash day link up and share your experiences with the rest of the hair obsessed

2 comments:

  1. Protective styling is totally the way to go right now!
    Did you notice better results from prepooing overnight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did actually see the effects after shampooing. My scalp did not get all tight and dry, and my hair wasn't stripped. Prepooing is amazing

    ReplyDelete