Friday, 20 February 2015

Fitness Friday - Marathon Training

Hi!!!

This is my first time joining the #FitnessFriday linkup. I decided to join it because I have been letting myself go on a fitness level lately.
#FitnessFriday on @SavingOurStrand
Today, one of my closest friends and I decided that we will participate in this year's Victoria Falls Marathon. Now I won't be doing the full or half marathon yet, I don't think I have enough time to build up my resilience for that. Instead, I will do the 9km fun run. Then next year, I will build up to the half marathon.

This year's edition of the Victoria Falls marathon will be on the 28th of June 2015. Attending it in the beautiful town of Victoria Falls at the border between Zambia and ZImbabwe will be my birthday treat to myself :)

So what's my training regimen for the next 3 months? Well, my plan is to jog more. In February, I will be jogging during the weekends. In the following months I will increase the frequency and length of the jogs. My end goal is to comfortably run 10km without a break. I think its pretty doable, as I used to jog a lot when I was preparing to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro back in 2013.

So the February/March training plan is:

February
 - jog on Saturdays (total of 10km alternating running and walking)

March
 - jog on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday (working on lowering the walk intervals and increasing the run intervals
- do strength and core training on Tuesday and Thursday
- rest days on Friday and Sunday

That's all for now, training updates coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment