Monday, 30 March 2015

Quick Update

Hey everyone,

I won't be posting as much for a few weeks. A lot is happening right now.

First, my gran is sick, and that's less time during the weekend to prepare posts. I normally draft my posts during the weekend, but right now, life at home is pretty busy, so I won't have as many up. And the few I will have will be very short and to the point.

Secondly, I am applying for my Masters. I have been admitted into my first choice university, but I still need to get a scholarship. My brain can't focus on anything except praying for a scholarship (fees of US$6,000 per semester (excluding living expenses) is not a joke). I just hope things work out on the academic front.

Then we are moving offices at work. So now added to my usual workload, I will have a lot of disruptions thanks to the move.

Regular posting will resume after Easter, when everything is more or less settled.

On to my hair...
The #WashDayExperience

I DC'ed my hair overnight with ORS Replenishing conditioner, and then shampooed my scalp only the next morning with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo. My hair feels very oily, but I'm going with the flow and just keeping it oily. My scalp is clean, which is what matters most. I have done a faux crown braid as my protective style this week, just two cornrows on the sides of my head and then tucking in the ends. I don't feel like fussing much with my hair, and I needed a PS that wasn't a bun and that didn't involve fake hair. Since I am now able to cornrow my hair so that I can go out of the house with it, my new go to will be a faux crown braid, until my hair is long enough for a proper crown braid.

Have a great week everyone...

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your Gran's health Yvette, I pray she gets better real quick.
    Good luck with your master's too

    ReplyDelete