Monday, 23 March 2015

Wash Day Saga - Lazy Girl Routine

Lately I have been going lazier with my hair care routine, which is why I will not be posting regular wash day posts anymore. My weekly washes will now be an overnight DC, and a cowash the next morning. I will clarify once a month, but that's about it. I am starting to adjust my reggie for winter and I am not willing to spend a lot of time with a wet head.
The #WashDayExperience
Last week, I did an overnight DC with ORS Replenishing conditioner, which my hair loved. I did a scalp wash with Dudu Osun African black soap and it dried my hair out. So no more using black soap as a shampoo bar, my texlaxed hair is not happy with that.

This week I simply did an overnight DC with Silkness Nutrition and Repair conditioner (finishing that bottle). After rinsing it out, my hair felt so good that I didn't bother with a leave in, I just sealed my hair with coconut oil and did 8 box braids to air dry my hair. I also started the inversion method this Saturday. My technique consists of a scalp massage using miconazole nitrate every other day, inverting for 4 minutes and an overnight GHE treatment. Hopefully, this will help me get the 1'' this month.

Alrighty then, time for pictures :)

Side swept bangs + Bun for church


don't mind my grumpy face... inversion starting length

4 comments:

  1. I'd be doing the overnight DC too if I could. But for some reason I haven't been able to get through the night the last few times I attempted to do it. It makes the wash day so much shorter when you can. I hope this shorter wash day routine works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely working. I spend more time doing chores and catching up on sleep now. Win-win situation :)

      Delete
  2. Woot for a shorter more manageable #washdayexperience. What is miconazole nitrate?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miconazole nitrate is the active ingredient in antifungal such as Monistat. Its an interesting growth aid, I can tell you that. But since I'm trying to gain a lot of length this year, I'm willing to experiment :)

      Delete