Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Liebster Award

Newsletter

I got nominated for the Liebster award :) over at audacitytobeyou.com. Its an award given by bloggers to encourage one another, and also to help you discover new, and interesting blogs. I feel honored to be nominated.

Here are my answers to the questions I was asked.

1. Why did you choose the title of your blog?
I chose the title of my blog because I have very typical type 4 African hair, which is referred to in my home country as "Hard Mashona Type". The stereotype about this hair is that its short, and can never grow to great lengths. I ended up picking this name in order to turn the stereotype upside down, and show that ''hard mashona hair'' grows as well as any other type.

2. What got you interested in blogging?
I have always been interested in writing, and blogging was just the next step. My blog started as an online hair diary, but I am hoping to develop it even more.

3. What is your greatest accomplishment in life thus far?
Hmmmmm, hard to say. I think I will pick having had the opportunity to work for a big brand. It showed me skills I never imagined I had, and I got to work with awesome people and travel quite a bit.

4. What places would you like to travel to and Why?
Rwanda and Burundi, so I can say I have been all over East Africa. And I hear they are beautiful countries. 

5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Eating junk food while reading ebooks or watching historical series like the Tudors.

6. What are five random facts about you?
- I was enrolled in boarding school from age 10 to 18
- I was a radio presenter in university on the campus station
- I used to dream of being a supermodel
- I can play the recorder
- I hate Math. And yes, I majored in Accounting with a Finance minor. No, it doesn't make sense to me either

7. Who or what inspires you?
My mother is my number one inspiration. Don't tell her I said that 

8. Do you have any unique talents?
Does the ability to eat my own weight in junk food and not gain weight count? Otherwise, I remember really random facts and store useless factoids in my brain. I actually have an excellent memory 

9. If you hit the lottery, how would you spend your fortune?
I would first buy a house, invest half of the remainder, then travel for a while and buy gifts for my family. And buy some shoes :)

10. What are some of your pet peeves?
People who are always late, people who walk really slowly and take up the entire sidewalk, people who drive in the wrong lane for slow traffic, people who don't respect personal space.

11. What goals have you set for yourself for the next five years?
I hope to have my Masters degree by then, as well as halfway through a professional qualification (either to become a Chartered Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst).


Now the rules for the award are:

1.Tag the person's blog who nominated you in your post.
2. Nominate 11 bloggers with no more than 500 followers
3. Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
4. Let your nominees know they have been chosen.
5. Post your answers to the questions you answered
6. Don't forget to comment on this post with your link so I can see how you answered the questions

And my nominees are:

1. Sandra at Naija Girl Next Door
7. Kangopie at Kangopie
8. Decepticonz Mobilize (I love her name) at Anything and Everything Hair
9. WeaveItUpToMe at Weave It Up To Me
10. Fatimah at Hairequest and last but not least,
11. Phoenix at The Random Phoenix

My questions for these lovely and inspiring ladies are:

1. Who/what inspired you to start blogging?
2. What has blogging help you to achieve?
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 5 things would you want with you?
4. If given the opportunity, which country would you like to live and work in for a year?
5. What is the one thing you love most about your home country?
6. If you had $50,000 to give to charity, which charity would you donate to and why?
7. Can you tell us 3 random facts about you?
8. If you were on an episode of Come Dine with Me, which celebrities, alive or deceased, would you want to compete with?
9. Book version or movie version?
10. What do youlove most about what you do (work or school)?
11. What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years?

6 comments:

  1. I hate math too lol . I wish I had a better memory as well... it would certainly help when taking tests :) These are some great answers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered your questions! :)
    Heres my link: http://decepticonzmobilize.blogspot.com/2015/04/liebster-awards-please-subscribe-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered your questions! :)
    Heres my link: http://decepticonzmobilize.blogspot.com/2015/04/liebster-awards-please-subscribe-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog name and the thought behind it if I haven't already told you :)
    Lol... the irony. Hating math and doing what you do. You must be crazy good at it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra.

      Most of my family/friends laugh at me about the math thing. My response is, if all math had a dollar sign in front, I could work out complex stuff without breaking a sweat :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Yvette, I have finally answered you questions here you go http://journeytobeauthair.blogspot.com/2015/05/liebster-award.html and thanks for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete