I got nominated for the Liebster award :) over at audacitytobeyou.com. Its an award given by bloggers to encourage one another, and also to help you discover new, and interesting blogs. I feel honored to be nominated.
Here are my answers to the questions I was asked.
1. Why did you choose the title of your blog?
I chose the title of my blog because I have very typical type 4 African hair, which is referred to in my home country as "Hard Mashona Type". The stereotype about this hair is that its short, and can never grow to great lengths. I ended up picking this name in order to turn the stereotype upside down, and show that ''hard mashona hair'' grows as well as any other type.
2. What got you interested in blogging?
I have always been interested in writing, and blogging was just the next step. My blog started as an online hair diary, but I am hoping to develop it even more.
3. What is your greatest accomplishment in life thus far?
Hmmmmm, hard to say. I think I will pick having had the opportunity to work for a big brand. It showed me skills I never imagined I had, and I got to work with awesome people and travel quite a bit.
4. What places would you like to travel to and Why?
Rwanda and Burundi, so I can say I have been all over East Africa. And I hear they are beautiful countries.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Eating junk food while reading ebooks or watching historical series like the Tudors.
6. What are five random facts about you?
- I was enrolled in boarding school from age 10 to 18
- I was a radio presenter in university on the campus station
- I used to dream of being a supermodel
- I can play the recorder
- I hate Math. And yes, I majored in Accounting with a Finance minor. No, it doesn't make sense to me either
7. Who or what inspires you?
My mother is my number one inspiration. Don't tell her I said that
8. Do you have any unique talents?
Does the ability to eat my own weight in junk food and not gain weight count? Otherwise, I remember really random facts and store useless factoids in my brain. I actually have an excellent memory
9. If you hit the lottery, how would you spend your fortune?
I would first buy a house, invest half of the remainder, then travel for a while and buy gifts for my family. And buy some shoes :)
10. What are some of your pet peeves?
People who are always late, people who walk really slowly and take up the entire sidewalk, people who drive in the wrong lane for slow traffic, people who don't respect personal space.