Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Wash Day Saga - Clarifying Wash

Another wash day came, and I actually washed my hair. I really need to work on being less lazy.

Since I hadn't washed my hair for 2 weeks, I decided to do a clarifying wash, with my hair loose to get rid of all the build up. Here's what happened...
The #WashDayExperience
1. I did an overnight deep conditioning treatment using a mix of ORS Replenishing conditioner and ORS Curls Unleashed Take Command Curl Creme. The curl cream first 5 ingredients are mostly butters and oils, and I figured that would be an excellent conditioner boost.

2. I rinsed out the conditioner with warm water and applied shampoo to my scalp. I wanted to use up all my teeny hotel shampoos so that's what I used. After lathering my scalp, I also lathered my hair to get rid of build up. I rinsed out the shampoo and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to absorb excess moisture

3. When my hair wasn't dripping anymore, I applied castor oil to my ends and did a quick ponytail. I let my hair airdry in this for the rest of the day.

4. When my hair was dry, I massaged my scalp with miconazole nitrate and did the inversion method. I also did my protective style of the week, which is two huge cornrows.

Side note: Its interesting to see that people think my hair is natural when I am in these braids. I have to tell them I am very lightly relaxed. Hmmm, maybe I should process my hair more when I do my touch up in September. Or maybe not, I like my hair like this, and I enjoy having thickness. I don't want a stringy ponytail just because I'm so obsessed with showing length, I overprocess my relaxer.

Anyway, how was your own wash day?

9 comments:

  1. Does the miconazole nitrate really help with growth? How do you mix it? My wash day was great. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it really helps, but anything to get to BSL by December lol. I just use it plain like it, no mixes

      Delete
  2. Thick ponytails are gorgeous...I actually have the ORS Replenishing Conditioner on my agenda for next wash day since I'll be going into protective style mode next week. My wash day went well this week, much better than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of protective style are you going to do?

      Delete
  3. I bet your goddess braids are fantastic! I love overnight deep conditioning. Can you feel a difference in your hair when you deep condition over night vs not?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel a difference. My hair just feels more supple, and I can spend the whole week without moisturising again :). Thanks for passing by

      Delete
  4. Hi yvette how do you keep track of your growth when you do the inversion method?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I'm lazy I just pull my bangs/fringe. If it gets longer, I know I have some progress. My next proper length check will be in July

      Delete