Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Wash Day Saga - I'm Sensing a Theme... Lazy

Hey everyone!!!

Brrrr, its chilly here. Winter is coming. And I have been adjusting my regimen for winter by going to bare minimum hair care AKA benign neglect... Or just being plain lazy. Anyway, I figured that the less I manipulate my hair by too many steps in my wash day and daily styling, the more I will be able to retain length, especially when its colder. And I have a new length goal. I have to be BSL or close-ish by end of November, so I can rock long hair to my cousin's wedding in early December. Is this doable? Hopefully it is.

My wash day was a simple overnight DC.
The #WashDayExperience
1. I applied ORS Replenishing Conditioner to loose hair, focusing on the left back section that seems to be not retaining length. I then applied some castor oil on top of the DC, covered my head with two shower caps and a scarf and let all the goodness get absorbed while I slept.

2. The next morning, I rinsed it all out with warm (not hot) water.

3. After rinsing, I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to absorb excess moisture.

4. I then sealed my hair with baobab oil, and air dried my hair while it was in a bun.

5. That evening, I did my two cornrow ''faux crown braid''. I am really enjoying the convenience of this protective style. Its easy on the edges, and its quick and simple to do. Definite keeper, though I can't wait to try KLP's swirled crown braid. Maybe when I get past APL I can do it #APLBucketList

That was all for my wash day. I am now going to start thinking of a winter regimen that will encourage maximum retention. Any idea about what I should do?

Have a great day....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yvette I'm planning on doing wigs full time for the next four months and washing every two weeks :-) hope you get something that works for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, wigs are a great idea. And reducing washes is so tempting... Hmmmm I might adopt some of your strategies

    ReplyDelete