Thursday, 21 May 2015

Major Shed Ahead!!!

Lately (this week) I have been experiencing a major shed. Normally I shed about 20 hairs a day and its all cool. But this week I think I have shed about 100 hairs a day and its not loking pretty. I actually have a huge hairball in my room that I will upload next week Monday, just to show you how much I have shed.

At first, I thought it was just hair from weeks of not much thorough detangling. But something I saw on The Long Hair Community pointed to a different reason. Apparently food allergies (such as lactose or gluten) can cause shedding. I fond out earlier this year that I am gluten intolerant or actually allergic (not sure which yet). Unfortunately this week, I had to eat food with gluten or starve to death.  Which explains my fresh breakout, hyperacidity and shedding. So today, I decided to quietly starve instead of poisoning myself with something my body can't take. I just have to be really careful with what I eat and really read ingredient labels.

So, if you are having unexplained shedding, a food allergy might be the cause. I will be back in 2 weeks with feedback on whether cutting out gluten worked to stop my shedding.

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. Wow allergic reaction to gluten can cause shedding...hmmm. Would never have figured. I love the new look on the blog Yvette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised when I found out, but it made sense because I started shedding a lot when I started eating gluten. I have stopped for a week, and my shedding has gone down 80%.

      Thanks so much Bee :)

      Delete
  2. Cool new look on your blog Yvette. I hope the gluten-free diet gets you back on track with your body and hair.
    I nominated you to do the 'what's in my bag' tag :*
    naijagirlnextdoor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. It seems as if the diet is working, shedding has gone down, and my acne has calmed down

      Working on the tag :)

      Delete