Monday, 18 May 2015

Wash Day Saga - Back to Braids

So wash day came and went. Remember my resolution to start wigging for winter? Total fail (for now) since I am back in my cornrows....

Whoa, ok, let me rewind and take you through my wash day.
The #WashDayExperience
1. Let me start by saying, I have started a new growth aid, namely a home made sulfur oil mix. I started using it on Wednesday (13 May) when a friend got me some sulfur at the lab he was doing his thesis at. So I have so far done 2 scalp masages using the sulfr mix.

2. I did an overnight DC using ORS Replenishing conditioner. I simply slathered it onto my box braids and let everything sit overnight.

3. I rinsed out the conditioner the next morning, and shampooed twice with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo. I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to absorb the excess water

4. I airdried the braids until they were damp and started taking them down to detangle. And then I realised my hair had a lot of build up. I decided to do another wash the next day, but had to skip it since it seems like I'm getting another case of tonsillitis. But back to the detangling, this was my first proper comb detangle in a long while. So I ended up losing a lot of hair, but my roots are no longer feeling matted.

5. I ended up just doing my usual 2 cornrows so that I can look presentable for work. I will start my May round of inversions on Thursday, using a mix of miconazole nitrate and the sulfur mix. As you can probably see, I am really serious about getting to BSL for my cousin's wedding in December.

Well, that was my entire wash day. How did yours go?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you--being able to stick to growth aids---I'm just too forgetful!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm just trying to achieve maximm growth. I want to be ''the girl with the really long hair'' at the wedding. Thanks for passing by :)

    ReplyDelete