Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Wash Day Saga - Hiding My Hair

I have decided to start my winter regimen, since its now May and getting clder, and colder in the mornings. Off topic, but I sometimes wish I could go hibernate.

This wash day was simple, and fast. Like I said, its getting cold, and I really don't like having wet hair when its cold. Here's how my wash day went down...
The #WashDayExperience
1. I did 15 individual braids the night before. I had planned to do an overnight DC until I realised that my hair had so much buildup and oil.

2. I shampooed my hair using ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo. I focused mainly on my scalp, but I thoroughly cleansed my ends too.

3. I felt extra lazy and skipped the DC step. I just wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to absorb the extra water, and applied ORS Curls Unleashed Take Command Curl Creme. I figured that since it has plenty of oils and butters, that will be enough nourishment for the week. (hiding face in shame). I also sealed with a bit of baobab oil

4. When my hair was just damp, I strted taking down the braids, detangling, and redoing them, so I can start my wig reggie for winter.

Et voila, that was all. I'm currently wigging it, and will take down the braids weekly to detangle and redo them. My reason for this is to prevent matting and tangling very early. Manipulating my hair once a week, shouldn't do any harm.

So, who wants to do a winter challenge with me starting 1 June?

No comments:

Post a Comment