Friday, 8 May 2015

Wash Day Saga - Never Again!!!!!

As I type this, I'm sitting in a Hunchback of Notre Dame pose because I allowed someone to lay hands on my head. And my resolution is NEVER AGAIN!!!!! (sorry for yelling).

This wash day was all about getting my hair clean and as stretched as possible to show off length. Since it was HIFA week in Harare, and I had a birthday party to attend, I wanted to show off just a teeny bit. Here's how my wash day went down....
The #WashDayExperience
1. Overnight DC on Thursday using ORS Replenishing conditioner (have I mentioned lately that this is a Holy Graill product for me now? I loves it to bitsessss)

2. The next morning I rinsed out and shampooed my hair using a neutralizing shampoo from an old relaxer kit (destashing slowly but surely)

3. After shampooing, I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to absorb the excess water

4. Then this week, I decided to stretch my hair (definitely no heat went close to my hair). I applied castor oil to my damp hair and then I simply did African threading in 5 sections and left my hair to airdry overnight.

5. I took down my threads, lightly fingercombed before doing a low ponytail. Then I went out to show off.

6. So last night I decided to protective style as usual by doing two braids for the week. My cousin ''kindly'' volunteered to cornrow my hair and promised she wouldn't use too much tension. Well, one thing I know for certain is I'm taking out these braids tonight and redoing my cornrows my self. This pain is waaaay too much for me now.

So how was your wash day? I hope you had no styling fiascos like mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment