Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Going Gluten Free in Africa

That right there is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I realized I was either celiac or gluten intolerant earlier this year. I have been trying to go gluten free and lapsing for so many times. But the 21st of July 2015 is the last day that I will start going gluten free again.

This means I read all the ingredients on prepackaged food, and avoid some processed foods. Most fast food is out as well since most of these outlets contaminate their food with gluten. Hopefully, this will help reduce my acne breakouts, as well as stop my stomach issues from flaring up.

Some of the foods I will avoid are:

1. Bread, biscuits, cakes and pasta
2. Pizza, burgers, deep fried coated chicken, 
3. Polony, Russian sausages and any other processed meats
4. Lagers
5. Coffee creamers, oatmeal, processed cereal

The worst thing is gluten pops up in the most random foods. So some gravy powders and other random foods have gluten. That's the main reason why I'm moving out now. Coz that's the only way I can monitor what I eat. At home they think I'm just being fussy and picky so my food gets contaminated.

Has anyone recently adopted a special diet for health reasons? How are you coping?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yvette! oh its hard working with a gluten free diet. you should visit South Africa with your mighty USD and visit dischem. they have a very extensive range of gluten free products

    ReplyDelete