Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Hair Regimen for Hot, dry climate

Hello everyone, hope you're having a great week so far.

So, I just got my work deployment details. I will be moving to a part of Zimbabwe that is really hot and dry. Therefore, I will need to change my regimen to make sure my hair won't suffer from the weather. Here's what I'm thinking...

1. Moisturize and seal more often. From twice a week up to about twice a day.
2. GHE thrice a week
3. Deep condition twice a week
4. Frequent protein treatments
5. Coconut oil prepoos to protect against hygral fatigue

As you can see, my regimen will be heavily moisture based. Which is why I will up my protein treatments (to prevent moisture overload) and use coconut oil to fight hygral fatigue. I think I will mostly braid some cornrows or bun for my protective styles, because it will be too hot to try add in any extensions. I also need to focus on thickening up my nape, the hair there feels a bit too thin for my liking especially when compared to the thickness of my crown and front.

I am pretty stoked about moving to this new place, although my posts may become infrequent again.

Anyway, anymore suggestions on what I should do to take care of my hair in this new climate?

1 comment:

  1. I think you have it all covered. I would have suggested cowashing but i see the GHEing and biweekly deep conditioning would cover the work of a cowash. Looking forward to seeing how this works out for you.

    ReplyDelete