Friday, 18 September 2015

Relaxer Update and Other Stories

I am really sorry for having disappeared on y'all. I started a new job in August, and I was in an intense 5 week training course that is examinable (and keeping my job depends on passing all my exams). Anyway, exams are almost over, which means I can finally blog and catch you up on how my hair is doing.

I am going to be honest here, I neglected my hair for most of August. The most I did (besides the relaxer at the end of the month) was wash after 2 weeks and bun. Needless to say, I had a lot of breakage. It's only just quitting now after getting back on my regimen this month. So I'm still APL even though I should have been BSB by now. Bummer, but sometimes life happens. 

I did my relaxer on the 26th of August. I got home after work, and just pulled out my relaxer kit, and got down to business. I got the ORS relaxer again. This time, I didn't add any oil to the relaxer creme. I realized that the relaxer is so gentle that I didn't need to add anything in order to texlax. And since my hair was really under processed in February, I decided to also do a corrective relaxer of sorts. I first based my scalp with Vaseline and divided my hair into 4 sections. I applied the relaxer creme starting at the front, moving towards the back. After smoothing the creme onto my roots, I also applied it to the rest of the hair strand to further process the hair. I had my timer on, and I rinsed out the relaxer before the 15 minute mark. I did my mid protein step using a gelatin treatment. I neutralized using the Creamy Aloe shampoo. I then did a DC which was a mix of the Replenishing pak and one of my Darbur Vatika DCs. After rinsing, I blow dried my hair before doing African threading to stretch it.

That weekend, I then did my first (and last) flat iron of the year. I worked with smaller sections this time, and did only 2 passes. My hair wasn't as straight as I wanted it to be (as I still had shrinkage) but my hair still looks full. I also did a mini length check, and I will post it once I transfer it to my iPad. 

I am now back on sulfur oil massages and GHE till the end of the year. I am also trying to think of long term protective styles that I can do when I get deployed at work. I think I may have to buy a new wig, and keep my hair in braids under it. 

That's it from me. I will try to post regularly from now on

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back. How were your exams? Looking forward to your length check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as I was getting ready to set-up a twitter possy to come find you YOU came back!!
    congrats on the new job... exciting times

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Congrats on your new job and I wish you success in your exams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new job and best of luck with your exams.

    ReplyDelete