Sunday, 20 September 2015

Wash Day Saga - Summer Regimen + Length Check

Morning everyone! Hope you're having a great Sunday.

I had to do a washday post, I had missed doing these. And for once, I have pictures #highfive. Here's how my wash day went...

1. I prepooed my hair overnight using coconut oil
2. I shampooed my hair using ORS Creamy Ale shampoo, focusing on my scalp and then washed off the dust and what not from this past week.
3. I deep conditioned using ORS Replenishing conditioner. I left the conditioner on for 3 hours



4. I rinsed out 50% of the conditioner using cold water.
5. I blotted off the excess water using a t-shirt and applied African Pride Shea Miracle leave in conditioner and coconut oil
6. I set my hair using my orange and a few green rollers. These are the largest rollers I could find and I am outgrowing them. I need bigger ones now. And I need to practice setting


7. I took down the rollers just before I went to bed and did a length check




8. I am braiding my hair to protective style this week.

So, basically, most of the above will be my summer regimen. On the days I am too lazy to roller set, I will do African Threading to stretch my hair out.

So, how was your washday?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Yvette how are you handling the orange rollers!! They were stressing me out. So I got magnetic rollers from bidorbuy(dot)co(dot)za Now I am too intimidated to use them! not used to smooth rollers.
    I will let u know if I spot regular rollers in a larger diameter.

    I am currently trying to finish off my products so I can't buy new products so I am SOOOOO Jealous of you and the ORS Replenishing Conditioner - I miss that stuff.

    oh, how long did it take for you to dry your hair in those rollers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kangopie. The orange rollers are ok. Although I think I might also switch to the magnetic rollers too. Those little spikes tangle in my hair a lot. I will have to go to that website and check them out.

      You know I can always take any excess products off your hands. Taking one for the product junkie team. But ORS Replenishing is heaven in a bottle

      Delete
    2. Oh, it took about 5 or 6 hours (of air drying) in the rollers.

      Delete
  2. Wow you have A LOT of texture in your hair, I'd never have guessed ot was texlaxed. That shot of your wet hair is lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. I agree about the texture, most people I meet think I'm a natural. How's the natural journey going?

      Delete
  3. Whoop whoop, congrats on being full apl! Your texlaxed curls are really pretty.. How dfo you like the african pride conditioner? I just bought it and am still testing it out.

    ReplyDelete