Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Hair Regrowth Regimen Wash Day

Remember my last post? I was talking about my new regimen. I have been putting it action for over a week now, but here's what a wash day looks like for me now...

Monday Morning

  1. Shampoo my scalp and ends using ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo. Rinse out shampoo using cold water
  2. Deep condition using the DArk and Lovely Cholesterol Treatment for 5-7 minutes. I know it has some HHJ no-nos like mineral oil, but I love the slip and its very easy to find here. Rinse out using cold water
  3. Wrap my hair in a t-shirt to absorb the excess moisture
  4. Massage scalp using T444Z and also use it to seal my ends
  5. Airdry hair in a damp bun or mini box braids

Friday Morning

  1. Co-wash my hair and scalp using whichever cheap instant conditioner that's on hand. Currently its Organics conditioner for normal hair. Rinse out using cold water
  2. Wrap hair in a t-shirt to absorb excess moisture
  3. Massage scalp using T444Z and also use it as a sealant
  4. Damp bun and go!


My hair and scalp seem to be seriously loving this regimen. I will do an update after a month or so to see if there are visible results in terms of length retention.

Right now my hair is in mini box braids which I did myself. No hair from other sources was used to create this style. I decided to do bx braids when I got tired of finger detangling. I also think that this style will be good for the gym too. And its easy for me to still keep up with my regimen this way.

How was your most recent wash day? Join the linkup



6 comments:

  1. I really like this low manipulation regimen! Fingers crossed that it gives you the success that you're looking for! How many braids did you install?

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP. I didn't count the number but its definitely more than 20. Maybe around 50 of them

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great regimen. I hope it works out for you. How long did it take you to do the braids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks solid. Any issues not using a leave-in?
    I'll look out for your update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great regimen, looks like it's a keeper. I also find box braids easy with gym workouts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray you new regimen works for you! I'm a naturally curly girl but I still use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (a curly girl no no). You have to just do what works for your hair.

    ReplyDelete