Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Too Many "I'm Back'' Posts? Life and Hair Update

Hi guys...

I don't know if you still remember me. My name is Yvette, and I'm the blogger here at Hard Mashona Hair. I haven't been able to regularly blog since August 2015, but I hope things are about to change for the better.

So what's been happening in my life? Well, 2016 was  a crazy year for me. I got pregnant, married, and had my baby within the space of 7 months. Wild, right? My son was born 7 weeks early so he stayed in NICU for a while until he could breathe on his own. After that, I have spent the past 3 odd months in a blur of diaper changing, feeding, sleepless nights, vaccinations, and lots of baby cuddles. I also recently went back to work and had to complete my dissertation so I can fulfil my graduate trainee requirements. I am trying to work on losing the baby weight I had gained, so I'm frequently at the gym too. It's a busy whirlwind, but I wouldn't change a thing in my life or schedule.

Hairwise, what can I say, I have recently self-diagnosed as an individual with a short hair attention span. I took out my locs from the last post, probably due to pregnancy hormones. I have spent the past 4 months in weaves, and braids but I'm back to rocking my hair with all the crazy undergrowth of natural hair that's lurking under my texlaxed hair. Since I'm experiencing some postpartum shedding, I decided to stop protective styling as my hair was getting matted up under the weave in 2 or 3 weeks. I'm really not doing much, except co-wash, moisturize and seal. And of course wear my satin scarf to bed.

That's a brief update into what's been happening with me, tell me what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment